Saturday, June 8, 2013

CENSORSHIP?

Life Drawing postcard  2
While taking a few minutes this morning to go through some of the 'Artist's Journal' links left here on my blog. I rediscovered a blog, 'Body Works' by Australian artist Pauline Adair. I had forgotten about the warning from Google when you click onto the link. Basically it says 'Some readers of this blog have contacted Google because they believe that this blogs content is objectionable' You then have to click the red button that says 'I understand and wish to continue' I find Pauline's work quite beautiful and not all of the content of the blog is of the naked model. The poses are not sexually suggestive, just very beautiful studies of life models. It really makes me wonder why people are offended by this blog when there is so much actual trash out there to stumble over accidentally?  
Are you offended?

6 comments:

  1. I do wonder sometimes what gives individuals the right to ghetto-ise some sites. Some of the cautionary sites I visit really have me puzzled as I couldn't find anything that might cause offense, and offense to whom? Personally, I think that if you don't like the site, don't visit again, but let others make their own choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said John I agree!. I think that her work is very beautiful. Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie.... I must say a big thank you for your beautiful comments and support of my 'BodyWorks' Blog.
    You do amazing work with your tapestries... they're very beautiful and intricate in their craftsmanship.
    Looks like you work up very close - hope your eyesight is good! :)
    Warmest regards...
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pauline, how wonderful to hear from you. I think that it is ridiculous that you blog is censored! Your work is beautiful. Thanks for your complements on my work.......which I can't see a thing without my glasses. When I look at my drawing that I chose to put in that post.....I think that I was sticking my but out at your censorship!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checked out your cooking Blog too.... happen to have ALL the same ingredients in MY pantry. Going to make your lentil soup this week. Like you I adore middle Eastern cuisine. How 'bout that!
    Warmest regards...
    P
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pauline, I hope that you like the soup. I make it often. Yes I love Middle Eastern food. I will be cooking a lot more soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...