Thursday, August 27, 2015

THERE AND BACK AGAIN

Sometimes an exhibition will come along that one visit is just not enough to take in the small details that sometime escape us with the excitement of seeing works for the first time. John Wolseley's Heartlands and Headwaters' exhibition is a fine example.
My first visit a few months ago made me realize that I would have to return for a far more leisurely encounter.  
From the edge of the great flood plains of Garangarri and Garrangali N.T  2014
watercolour, woodcut, linocut, graphite pastel, coloured crayon
154.5 x 963
 From the edge of the great flood plains of Garangarri and Garrangali N.T  2014. detail. 
From the edge of the great flood plains of Garangarri and Garrangali N.T  2014 detail. Exquisite!
  Study for a larger work showing how cotton farming is taking over the natural environment. 
The smallest of details to draw you into the picture.
 Caught in flight.
Murray-Sunset refugia with 14 ventifacts (2008–10) and Flight of ventifacts, Mallee (2006–12)
carbonized wood, watercolour and graphite on 15 sheets of paper, 120 x 232 cm
Sadly I am still yet to read the catalogue and there is one work that I have not shared that resonates strongly with me and I will talk about that later.
If you watched the video in the first post about the exhibition and wonder how the 'Fine art of Pelican Tossing' worked out? Here it is. The exhibition closes on the 20th of September. If you have not been to see it yet. I urge you to go. You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...